• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Legalize recreational sales of marijuana to adults twenty-one years of age and older (MT)

Legalize recreational sales of marijuana to adults twenty-one years of age and older (MT)

Postby adserver » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:41 am

Legalize recreational sales of marijuana to adults twenty-one years of age and older
Montana, 2016

Organization: Anthony Varriano

INITIATIVE NO. 178
A LAW PROPOSED BY INITIATIVE PETITION

I-178 legalizes marijuana use in Montana for people 21 years of age or older. I-178 allows for the commercial sale of marijuana and marijuana-infused products, subject to licensing requirements and regulations adopted by the state. Individuals would also be allowed to lawfully possess, cultivate, process, repackage, store, transport, or display marijuana. A 20 percent excise tax will be levied on all sales of recreational marijuana and deposited into the state general fund. I-178 would not prevent prosecution of individuals in Montana under federal law. I-178, if passed by the electorate, will become effective on July 1, 2017.

The 20 percent excise tax and license fees are estimated to generate more than $37 million in a five year period. The state will see $10.9 million in expenditures in a five year period due to administrative expenses and higher costs from investigating and prosecuting more drivers impaired by marijuana.

Petition: PDF
adserver

Blog: View Blog (1)