• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Pennsylvania Boilermakers Union Calls Out Biden: We Support Trump, Not You

Postby smix » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Breitbart News

URL: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... ort-trump/
Category: Politics
Published: October 17, 2020

Description: The Boilermakers Local 154 union, which represents thousands of American workers in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio, is calling out Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden for lying about having been endorsed by the union. At a televised town hall event this week, Biden made the false claim that the Boilermakers union “overwhelmingly” endorsed him, saying he “sat down with them” to discuss his energy plan in which he has said he will ban fracking. As Breitbart News noted, the Boilermakers Local 154 union endorsed Trump, as they did in 2016, last month. Union leader John Hughes called out Biden for the lie in a press call on Saturday. “The other day I’m watching the debate and I see Joe Biden tell everybody that the Boilermakers endorsed him and that is not true,” Hughes said. “And I would like somebody to tell me who — he said he talked to somebody — I’d like to know who he talked to in the Boilermakers because anybody I talk to did not endorse him.” “And I believe if you go onto our International [Boilermakers] website we have not endorsed a candidate this round, nor did the International Boilermakers endorse a candidate last time,” Hughes continued. “We did not endorse Obama and Joe Biden last time because of their energy issues.” Likewise, former Pennsylvania Congressman Lou Barletta said he was stunned when Biden lied about the union endorsement:
I couldn’t believe it when Joe Biden blatantly lied at a town hall right here in Pennsylvania and said he was overwhelmingly endorsed by the Boilermakers. As a matter of fact, Boilermakers Local 154 endorsed President Donald Trump last month. And I knew this first-hand because I worked with John Hughes, the business manager, and Local 154 on that endorsement.

In the union endorsement of Trump, Hughes called the president “true friend of the Boilermakers.” Hughes said union members and their families “rely on coal-fired power generation,” which is at great odds with Biden and Sen. Kamala Harris’ (D-CA) energy plans that take cues from the Green New Deal to phase out all fossil fuels. “Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face,” Biden’s campaign website reads. The Green New Deal would have a devastating impact on working and middle-class American communities who rely on energy industry jobs. Numbers provided to Breitbart News by Senate Energy Committee insiders shows that at least about one million energy jobs would be eliminated from the American economy as a result of the Green New Deal. This includes 712,300 jobs in mining, quarrying, and natural gas extraction and another 116,500 jobs in petroleum and coal products manufacturing. Likewise, Biden’s plans to reenter the United States into the Paris Climate Accord would eliminate hundreds of thousands of jobs in states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan. In Pennsylvania, alone, reentering the U.S. into the Paris Climate Accord could eliminate 140,000 jobs from the state.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)

Pro-Trump Union Blasts Biden for Lying About Endorsement

Postby smix » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Pro-Trump Union Blasts Biden for Lying About Endorsement
Washington Free Beacon

URL: https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/pr ... dorsement/
Category: Politics
Published: October 17, 2020

Description: Pa. Boilermakers Trustee: 'Nobody from his staff—nobody—has ever spoken with us'
A top official at one of Pennsylvania's most powerful labor groups slammed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for falsely boasting of the union's endorsement. Shawn Steffee, a trustee with Boilermakers Local 154, said that his members were shocked to hear the Democratic nominee claim their support on national television. While Biden claimed to have "sat down" with union leaders to have an in-depth discussion about his plans, Steffee said the Biden campaign never approached his membership. Biden's criticism to fracking led Local 154—the largest local chapter of boilermakers in the country—to endorse President Trump. "We had a moment of disbelief when our members started blowing our phone up because they said we flip-flopped on our endorsement," Steffee told the Washington Free Beacon. "Nobody from his staff—nobody—has ever spoken with us, so I don't know where he's coming up with that." When ABC town hall moderator George Stephanopoulos brought up that some Boilermaker Union members do not trust Biden's claim that he supports the fracking industry, the Democrat responded that the "Boilermaker Union overwhelmingly endorsed me." The union's national headquarters has not endorsed any candidates in the 2020 race, while Local 154 endorsed Trump in September. Biden has consistently equivocated on the issue of fracking. When asked whether fracking and other fossil fuel industries will have a place in the Biden administration, the former vice president said he "would make sure it's eliminated" and opposed subsidies for the industry. The nominee has since adjusted his position to only oppose new fracking licenses on federal land. Kamala Harris, the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, also said, "there's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking" before she joined Biden's ticket. The Biden campaign did not respond to a request for comment. Steffee said that Biden's equivocation on fracking pushed the union, which represents the Pittsburgh area, to support Trump. "[Biden] said I will do away with fracking, then it was just fracking on federal land, so I don't know what his story is," he said. "But I do know President Donald Trump has embraced our energy independence and wants to grow the infrastructure on energy—and the Boilermakers absolutely want to be a part of it." Fracking has emerged to be a key campaign issue in battleground states that rely on the shale industry. Michigan and Ohio together have more than 400,000 workers in the shale industry, while Pennsylvania alone has 320,000 workers. Trump has leaned into his consistent support for the fracking and natural gas industry during the campaign season, repeatedly saying that Biden wants to ban fracking. The national headquarters of the Boilermakers Union did not respond to a request for comment.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)