• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Donald Trump’s Hair Illusion Came Undone and We All Missed It

Postby smix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 pm

New York Magazine

URL: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... ed-it.html
Category: Entertainment
Published: February 7, 2018

Description: Last Friday, at the end of one of those frenetic weeks of news that now happen every week, President Trump boarded Air Force One. The wind whipped across the tarmac with unusual force. Trump, who normally has a MAGA hat for such occasions, was unusually unprepared. As he ascended the stairs, cameras had a rear-facing view of the president’s scalp as the howling gusts lifted his combed-over strands straight into the air, and the long-concealed bare scalp below was briefly exposed to the daytime cable audience and to Ashley Feinberg, who spotted the big reveal. It was horrific:

It was the worst hair day of what has been a bad hair life. And it may seem cheap and low to mock Trump’s absurd efforts to conceal his hair loss. But Trump is a man obsessed with image in ways that go beyond the normal human concern with looking presentable. Image is Trump’s moral code. He dismisses his political rivals for being short. He sees his succession of wives as visual testament to his own status. He selects his Cabinet on the basis of their looking the part. He conscripts the military as a prop to bathe himself in an aura of presidential grandeur. Trump’s absurd hair is of a piece with his lifelong attempt to market himself as a brilliant deal-maker and stable genius. So yes, it is okay to laugh when the ruse is exposed.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)

Hair-raising moment: gust of wind lifts lid on mystery of Donald Trump's mane

Postby smix » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Hair-raising moment: gust of wind lifts lid on mystery of Donald Trump's mane
The Guardian

URL: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -hair-wind
Category: Entertainment
Published: February 7, 2018

Description: Speculation has long swirled about exactly what is on top of the president’s head – the answer may be less than meets the eye

trump-bad-hair-day.jpg

As Donald Trump wages war with Democrats over a budget deal, a video has emerged highlighting another battle – the fight the president’s hair is waging to stay attached to his head. Footage, widely shared on Wednesday, showed Trump’s hair being dramatically swept about in a blustery wind, revealing what appeared to be a large hairless patch at the rear of his head and adding to longstanding speculation about the exact nature of Trump’s mane. The film was captured as Trump boarded Air Force One. As Trump clambers up the stairs to the aircraft he appears to be struck from behind by a forceful gust. The wind cleaves his hair in two, revealing what appears to be a bare scalp. Dr Alan Bauman, CEO and founder of Bauman Medical, a hair restoration clinic, said Trump had probably undergone some sort of hair procedure, although Bauman added that the video could have been doctored. “In my professional opinion I do believe he has had some previous hair transplantation to the frontal part of his hairline,” Bauman said. “He probably also has access to potent prescription topical medication like Formula 82M Minoxidil, which would be used twice daily, or a laser therapy cap, which could easily be hidden underneath a baseball hat.” A laser therapy cap is a device that subjects the scalp to laser beams in an attempt to promote hair growth. Bauman said he had met Trump personally and believed the president’s hair “is firmly growing from his scalp and is not a hairpiece”. “He does, however, use quite a bit of hairspray to maintain his preferred style,” Bauman said. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for information. Trump’s hair has long been the subject of speculation and ridicule. The Michael Wolff book Fire and Fury reported that Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump is among the hair’s critics. Ivanka “often described the mechanics behind it to friends”, Wolff wrote. “An absolutely clean pate – a contained island after scalp reduction surgery – surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.” Trump has occasionally addressed the issue himself. At a campaign rally in August 2015, shortly after Trump had denounced Mexican people seeking immigration to the US as “rapists”, he promised to put the issue of his hair to bed. “If it rains, I’ll take off my hat, and I’ll prove once and for all that it’s mine,” Trump told a crowd in Alabama. A month earlier the then candidate had promised to change his signature hairstyle if elected. “I would probably comb my hair back. Why? Because this thing is too hard to comb,” Trump said at an event in Winterset, Iowa. “I wouldn’t have time, because if I were in the White House, I’d be working my ass off.” The promises are among a number of campaign pledges that are yet to be fulfilled.
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)