• Advertisement
To advertise, place classifieds free ads by category in a forum as a new topic, or in the classified display ads section, or start a classifieds free blog.

Oliver Stone Claims New JFK Assassination Documentary Is Being Blocked In America

Oliver Stone Claims New JFK Assassination Documentary Is Being Blocked In America

Postby smix » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:57 pm

Daily Wire

URL: https://www.dailywire.com/news/oliver-s ... in-america
Category: Politics
Published: February 10, 2021

Description: Filmmaker Oliver Stone, who heavily promoted the JFK assassination conspiracy theory with his 1991 Oscar-winning movie “JFK,” now claims that his four-hour documentary on the same subject is being blocked from release in America due to fact-checks. Speaking with filmmaker Spike Lee for Variety’s “Directors on Directors” series, the Academy Award-winning director said he “can’t find a home” for his documentary in America. “What’s the the status of JFK documentary?” Lee asked. Later, when Spike Lee asked if perhaps Netflix would pick it up, Stone said that fact-checkers kept it from finding it a home on various platforms. “Netflix said no?” asked Lee. “Yeah. Today I just got the word that National Geographic said no,” replied Stone. “They said they did their fact check. Yeah. Where are you going to find this information except in this film? If they do a fact check, according to conventional sources, of course it’ll come out like this is not true. How can you go and prove that it’s true? It’s very, it’s very tough. You have to have some imagination here,” he added. In September of last year, Stone alleged that Hollywood censors films that are critical of U.S. foreign policy, which was a strange charge from him, considering that he made a career for himself with movies such as “Platoon,” “Born on the Fourth of July,” “JFK,” “Nixon,” “W,” and “Snowden.” “In my own personal experience, I would say Hollywood tends to economically censor subjects that are critical of America’s foreign policy, and critical of the military adventures abroad that we’ve been engaged in for so many years,” Stone told Jesse Watters of Fox News. “I know also that I had a hell of a hard time getting ‘Platoon’ made, as well as several other films.” During the same interview, Stone alleged that the U.S. intelligence complex essentially misleads the American people into armed conflict. “The intelligence agencies mislead us in many affairs, going back—in wars, especially—to Vietnam, to Iraq twice, Afghanistan, Syria,” he said. “It’s years of misinformation, particularly in Vietnam where I experienced, where—I was a small fry there, but certainly at the bottom of the chain, we felt the devastating effect of the continual lying about the fact that we were winning the war, winning the war. It was never true.” In that same month, Oliver Stone emphatically denounced cancel culture, arguing that his career would never have been allowed to begin if it were in place back in the 1980s. “I mean, it’s just impossible. I would have had to step on so many sensitivities. You have to have some freedom to make a movie, unfortunately,” said Stone. “You have to be rude, and you can be bad, and you [can] have to do these things like step on toes,” he continued. “Holy cow. Do you think I could have made any one of those films? I can tell you that if I made any of my films, I don’t think I’d last. I’d be vilified. I’d be attacked, shamed, whatever you want to call that, culture, cancel f***ing culture.”

Oliver Stone: Hollywood Censors ‘Subjects That Are Critical Of America’s Foreign Policy’
Daily Wire

URL: https://www.dailywire.com/news/oliver-s ... ign-policy
Published: September 11, 2020

Description: According to Oliver Stone, Hollywood censors films that are critical of U.S. foreign policy, a rather strange charge, considering that the director made a name for himself with movies such as “Platoon,” “Born on the Fourth of July,” “JFK,” “Nixon,” and “W.” Speaking with Jesse Watters on “Watters’ World” in an exclusive interview that will air on Saturday, Stone said that he had a difficult time getting his movies made and believed the censorship was economic. “In my own personal experience, I would say Hollywood tends to economically censor subjects that are critical of America’s foreign policy, and critical of the military adventures abroad that we’ve been engaged in for so many years,” Stone said, as reported by Fox News. “I know also that I had a hell of a hard time getting ‘Platoon’ made, as well as several other films.” Oliver Stone’s “Platoon” won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1986 and solidified the director as a force to be reckoned with. The movie was based on his experiences fighting in the Vietnam War. During the same interview, Stone alleged that the U.S. intelligence complex essentially misleads the American people into armed conflict. “The intelligence agencies mislead us in many affairs, going back—in wars, especially—to Vietnam, to Iraq twice, Afghanistan, Syria,” he said. “It’s years of misinformation, particularly in Vietnam where I experienced, where—I was a small fry there, but certainly at the bottom of the chain, we felt the devastating effect of the continual lying about the fact that we were winning the war, winning the war. It was never true.” Stone then addressed the new Oscars diversity initiatives, which dictates that movies must meet a diversity threshold, employing specific minority individuals in front of or behind the camera, in order to qualify for Best Picture. According to Stone, the new rules will make historical movies much harder to produce. “We have to deal with the fact that people do historical pieces,” he said. “History fascinates me and if you’re doing another era, you have to pay attention to the mores of that era … I don’t know how that will apply and I don’t know how they’re going to make that work.” This past month, Oliver Stone emphatically denounced cancel culture, arguing that his career would never have been allowed to begin if it were in place back in the 1980s. “I mean, it’s just impossible. I would have had to step on so many sensitivities. You have to have some freedom to make a movie, unfortunately,” said Stone. “You have to be rude, and you can be bad, and you [can] have to do these things like step on toes,” he continued. “Holy cow. Do you think I could have made any one of those films? I can tell you that if I made any of my films, I don’t think I’d last. I’d be vilified. I’d be attacked, shamed, whatever you want to call that, culture, cancel f***ing culture.”

Oliver Stone: My Career Would Not Survive ‘Cancel F***ing Culture’
Daily Wire

URL: https://www.dailywire.com/news/oliver-s ... ng-culture
Published: August 1, 2020

Description: Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone emphatically denounced cancel culture, charging it would have ruined his career before it even started. Promoting his autobiography on SiriusXM’s “Jim Norton & Sam Roberts,” the “Platoon” director said that if he were starting his career today, he’d be stepping on way too many “sensitivities” to have a career in movies. “I mean, it’s just impossible. I would have had to step on so many sensitivities. You have to have some freedom to make a movie, unfortunately,” said Stone, as reported by Page Six. “You have to be rude, and you can be bad, and you [can] have to do these things like step on toes,” he continued. “Holy cow. Do you think I could have made any one of those films?” Stone stated earlier: “I can tell you that if I made any of my films, I don’t think I’d last. I’d be vilified. I’d be attacked, shamed, whatever you want to call that, culture, cancel f***ing culture.” Stone’s comments condemning cancel culture comes weeks after he told The New York Times that Hollywood’s political correctness has made the industry “too fragile, too sensitive.” “The problem is in Hollywood. It’s just so expensive — the marketing. Everything has become too fragile, too sensitive,” he said. “Hollywood now — you can’t make a film without a Covid adviser. You can’t make a film without a sensitivity counselor. It’s ridiculous.” When pressed to explain why a “sensitivity counselor” is ridiculous, Stone said, “The Academy changes its mind every five, ten, two months about what it’s trying to keep up with. It’s politically correct [expletive], and it’s not a world I’m anxious to run out into. I’ve never seen it quite mad like this. It’s like an ‘Alice in Wonderland’ tea party.” “In what respect?” the interviewer, David Marchese, shot back. “Oh, David, don’t go there. That’s going to be your headline,” responded Stone. “You know, I just read something about how films are going to be very expensive to make now, because you need to take all these precautions, and a 50-day shoot becomes a 60-day shoot, and social distancing for actors. That’s what I’m talking about.” Oliver Stone is not the only director with an ax to grind against cancel culture. In late July, the openly gay and envelope-pushing John Waters said that Trump will most likely win reelection due to a culture of “insane political correctness.” “You know, the insane political correctness – even though it’s mostly correct – is gonna make Trump win,” said Waters. “It’s a class issue. I promise you, in the neighborhoods in Baltimore that are really struggling with poverty, they’re not worrying about pronoun usage. I’m not saying that some don’t! But it’s rich kids’ schools who are the most stringent police of it. I never understood what a trigger warning was, I thought you went to college to have your values challenged. I thought that was the point of education.”

Oliver Stone: Hollywood Too Politically Correct, ‘Too Fragile, Too Sensitive’
Daily Wire

URL: https://www.dailywire.com/news/oliver-s ... -sensitive
Published: July 14, 2020

Description: Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone (“Platoon,” “JFK”) has had enough of Hollywood’s “sensitivity.” Speaking with The New York Times to promote his upcoming memoir, Stone said the film industry has become too politically correct, “too sensitive,” and “too fragile.” This shift has pushed him into making documentaries instead of narrative-based films such as “Snowden,” about NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden, which was released in 2016. “The problem is in Hollywood. It’s just so expensive — the marketing. Everything has become too fragile, too sensitive,” he said. “Hollywood now — you can’t make a film without a Covid adviser. You can’t make a film without a sensitivity counselor. It’s ridiculous.” When pressed to explain why a “sensitivity counselor” is ridiculous, Stone said, “The Academy changes its mind every five, ten, two months about what it’s trying to keep up with. It’s politically correct [expletive], and it’s not a world I’m anxious to run out into. I’ve never seen it quite mad like this. It’s like an ‘Alice in Wonderland’ tea party.” “In what respect?” the interviewer, David Marchese, shot back. “Oh, David, don’t go there. That’s going to be your headline,” responded Stone. “You know, I just read something about how films are going to be very expensive to make now, because you need to take all these precautions, and a 50-day shoot becomes a 60-day shoot, and social distancing for actors. That’s what I’m talking about.” Asked if he’s “felt marginalized by Hollywood in the past,” Stone said, “I don’t think they think about me. I don’t feel bitter about it.” “‘Savages’ was my last was my last movie in the mainstream, so to speak,” he continued. “I thought it was mainstream, and Universal did too, up until they distributed it. They decided to move it at the last second from fall to summer. So they put us in the middle of a schedule that was pretty tough.” “I do still get offered stuff, but I’m not inspired to make a movie,” said the director. “I don’t feel anything inside me, fire for going through that pain and misery. The last film I did was ‘Snowden.’ It was so difficult to make. We struggled to get financing — I believe — because of the subject matter.” Regarding his interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin following the 2016 presidential election, Stone said that the United States put way too much emphasis on Russia’s influence on the election. “I think he sees American destabilization as a dangerous thing because he thinks about the safety of the world,” Stone said of Putin. “If anything, he would like a balance of power to exist and he would like to have a nuclear treaty with us. It’s very difficult to talk when America doesn’t talk. It hasn’t been dealing honestly with him in a long time.” When the interviewer suggested that perhaps Stone was being a “useful idiot,” Stone replied that much of the documentary was filmed in 2014 before the election took place. “Where is it clear that I’m an idiot? I think it’s a very articulate dialogue,” he said. “I would also point out that when we started, which was in 2014 roughly, the relationship with the United States was not as bad as it would become.”
smix

Blog: View Blog (0)